Gavain's Proving Banner

Gavain's Proving Banner
Available for Purchase at Amazon.com

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Time Can Really Get Away From You

So I knew that I was behind on making posts... but I hadn't realized that I was over two weeks behind! Things have been a bit busy. My youngest son had his fifth birthday a week ago, our middle child has his ninth birthday in under a month, and we're trying to plan a family vacation to squeeze in just before the kids have to go back to school...

So, yeah, we've been a little busy.

Time away from this site is not necessarily time spent idle, however! I've been continuing to revise Gavain's Proving, which is ready for a final read-through before I begin formatting the ebook version for submission to Amazon. I've been reviewing proofs for the physical copy of Laeryk's Proving, trying to get the cover details correct (the interior is ready, however). I've jotted down some notes for two new series that I'll develop further as time permits.

Most importantly, I've been doing more work on Book 2 of the Saga of Thorns, Laeryk's Fate. I had put the rough draft of Laeryk's Fate down after getting nearly the first third of the book written because I felt it was distracting me from releasing Laeryk's Proving. Now I've added some new chapters, revisited the previously written chapters, and outlined quite a bit of the next section of the book... and I have to say, coming back to it after so long, I REALLY like what I have down so far. I'm excited to be back at it again, and excited to get everything ready to share with you, my readers, as soon as it is ready.

I've also been doing more marketing and promotions research. One thing about self-publishing: you need to arrange for everything yourself, and if you don't have the knowledge in an area, you need to obtain it. This has also been consuming quite a bit of my time.

Still... two weeks? I'll make certain I get some more out for everyone later this week, either a My Style article or a new Character Profile (maybe someone from Gavain's Proving?).

Until then, I hope everyone is enjoying their summers and staying safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment