Gavain's Proving Banner

Gavain's Proving Banner
Available for Purchase at Amazon.com

Monday, February 4, 2013

Long Time...

For whatever reason, I have never been able to regularly post to a blog, no matter how determined I am to make consistent and regular postings. Consequently, it has been... a "while" since my last blog post, but I'm updating this blog again to resume some postings about the world of Valdaran, but also to announce that Laeryk's Proving, Book One of the Saga of Thorns is about to be published as an ebook via Smashwords.com!

This process has taken longer than I expected, but I will be uploading the manuscript to Smashwords no later than this evening, and assuming that there is no problem with their automatic formatting (aka, "the Meatgrinder") I expect that Laeryk's Proving will be hitting Amazon, iTunes, B&N and many other distributors within the next few weeks, though Smashwords should have it available much earlier.

I'll make an announcement here as soon as I have links to product pages available to me to let everyone know that the book is available. I will also be releasing some more information and previews over the next few weeks to wet everyone's whistle. I'm very excited (ok, and a little nervous as well)!

Also, I hope to have everything finished and squared away to release Gavain's Proving, a short story which takes place approximately a year before Laeryk's Proving, within the next month (hopefully sooner, but we'll see). Gavain's Proving will be released as a free ebook to serve as a longer sample of my writing for readers who want more than the free sample of Laeryk's Proving and want to see how I frame a story before they pay for the book. Gavain's Proving was originally offered as a bonus reward for the Kickstarter campaign, but I'm pleased to offer it to everyone! I've also been thinking about writing a short fiction anthology set in the world of the Saga of Thorns to help expand the world and its background beyond where I plan on exploring in Laeryk's books. There is a good chance that Gavain's Proving will also be included in such an anthology for the sake of completeness, along with plenty of new material for readers to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment